Saturday, August 27, 2011

PINK-2




"PINK IT WAS LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT. PINK WHEN I TURN OUT THE LIGHTS AND PINK GETS ME HIGH AS A KITE. AND I THINK EVERYTHING IS GOIN G TO BE ALL RIGHT-NO MATTER WHAT WE DO TONIGHT" aerosmith. Even though fall is approaching and colors are turning those warm shades of gold. I was able to enjoy a pink fix today on a morning walk. Naked ladies, one of my favorite lilies was growing just two houses down from ours. I love how they poke up from the ground with no foliage sort of as a surprise. They also seem to be a hardy flower growing out of the driest ground-I love their tenacity. Enjoy your week-end.

5 comments:

  1. nice post, lorrie...these are all over cambria too.....

    have a great weekend, my friend

    the last one of august !!!

    sending love,
    kary and teddy
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty pink! I haven't seen anything like that here, although I don't get out much in this heat, I'll be so glad when we get a break from it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My precious Dad used to delight in planting what he called "Surprise Lillies" all over the east side of a small lake named Tabor, where we, along with the majority of my parents' friends vacationed in the summers throughout the 50s and 60s. Imagine my further delight and emotions when today, as owner of one of the cottages there, I still spy the "Surprise Lillies" which pop up among the pachysandra and myrtle lawns of adjoining cottages. Tangible proof that my precious Daddy was there, and wanted to please his friends. What a dear, dear man! Thank you for a tangible reminder of the emotions these pink naked ladies evoke in me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing colour they are, sort of blossomy,

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and I marvel at the same colour :)

    ReplyDelete