Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Missing Lily


Once again it is my "Friday" night. It is so good to have the work week finished. To know that I don't have to hear that irritating alarm in the morning. I have nothing planned for tomorrow, but hope to enjoy it more than I have days past. We've been to the mountains for a camping trip-our first camping trip without Lily. We had a good time things went well, but it was very difficult and sad without her. Since I've been home I've not been able to get rid of the sadness. It just hangs with me. Coming home from work is especially hard, we had a special little routine when I would walk in the door. Our house does not feel like home to me any more. I loved that little dog so.

10 comments:

  1. It is so hard, I know. Maybe starting a journal, where you can write down your sadness and let it out, would help.
    Sending you big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can so relate! After our first dog, Moe, died it took me a few months to start feeling like I was coming out of the sadness. I like stregata's suggestion of starting a journal - maybe even an art journal. Sending much love!! Silke

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its going to get better. But it will take time.
    That ache will dull but her sweetness will always be with you. Thinking of you,
    xx
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know that sadness...but it will ease over time...be especially gentle with yourself now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is not an easy time. When we lost our first puppy a couple of years ago I would have episodes of overwhelming sadness at very unexpected times. We have had a new wonderful puppy for a little over a year and I still have episodes of sadness over the loss of Zoe. Time does pass and it gets easier. Be gentle with yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry that your are still so sad... It will get easier as time goes by... Feeling the sadness is the first step to getting over it...
    Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  7. it is like peeling back the layers of the onion isn't it? grief is in rings... keep going through it.. sending big hugs to you! xx's

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi my name is Becca. I just found your blog and my heart goes out to you! I have 2 indoor cats that I absolutely adore, and can't imagine life without them. I hope your heart heals soon...take care. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lorrie I am so sad for the pain that fills your heart. I hope the days become brighter for you. That is a beautiful picture with your sweet one- a treasure for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its hard going away and then expecting you know who to be home when you get back there.It will get easier...

    ReplyDelete