Saturday, September 11, 2010

Friendships


IT IS A SWEET THING, FRIENDSHIP, A DEAR BALM, A HAPPY AUSPICIOUS BIRD OF CALM. shelly. For several years now I've gotten together with a group of women and created art, we meet every 6 weeks at different homes. Today was my day to host. Over the course of years I come to count these women as my friends. Getting together we talk not only about art and what we are creating, but we talk about life. I've come to look forward to the events and feel so filled up when the day is over. I realized today sitting at my dinning room table, when we were all quietly working that we were truly friends because nothing needed to be said we were ok with the silence. My life is richer and fuller because of these women and for that I am grateful. I am thankful for friends who understand me when I speak and understand me when I don't.

11 comments:

  1. Friendship is one of the only true things, isn't it? On my recent trip to Germany, I got to connect with some of my friends I have known since kindergarten and high school and it's amazing to me how these friendships have endured over time. Such a treasure!! Love, Silke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photographs are always so sun dappled...this is especially wonderful with your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the photos and the sentiment. I totally understand... I meet monthly with my art journal group and I feel the same way. my life is richer for certain and so happy you have a group as well! xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like a wonderful group to spend time with...I'm envious. Thanks so much for the suggestion of painting birds on my spoons... I just might do that...and maybe some squirrels or something... They might make cool Christmas ornaments... which is what I've been focusing on lately... That time of year is approaching fast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our friends and our family are what sustain us in our hard times and celebrate with us in the good ones...

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely. Such a pretty picture too. There is nothing better than girlfriends and the special connections we have with our favorite ones.
    Cheers,
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful post Lorrie- what a sweet blessing friendship is.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Friendships are a blessing. It means so much to nurture and enjoy them. Thanks for sharing
    your photo of your art friends. Our friends support us in so many different ways.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such wise words. I love silence, and a true friend is one who can share silence.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi lorrie....it sounds so wonderful...i don't have a group, but i do have my julie...julie and i are truly kindred spirits....such a gift to find someone like that in your life...

    oh, and the haystacks...they are like a macaroon...coconut and really good.

    happy to visit you today, my friend
    sending love,
    kary and teddy
    xxx

    ReplyDelete