Monday, May 25, 2009


Memorial Day, a day set aside to honor the men and women who lost their lives serving our country. First used to honor the Union soldiers of the Civil War, it soon became a day to honor soldiers of every war. As time has gone on Memorial Day also has come to represent the end of spring and the first day of summer vacation for many people. I have been lucky and have never lost a loved one in the military. But I have lost loved ones and I honor them today. I think of my loved ones often, but today with extra thought and love. And cherish the moments I have with the loved ones who are with me still today, knowing that every moment is a precious gift.

5 comments:

  1. So very true! And so nicely stated!! Hugs, Silke

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am home!!!! missed your posts. The farmers market photos I I wish we had markets like that in the desert. hugs J

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Miss Lorrie! I wanted to especially thank you for all of your good wishes on my blog. I got to my dad's safe and sound.

    I enjoyed catching up on you. I love your cherry "stick" - you're so cute and funny. I will be pulling for you and your husband and the job. I know the wait is tough - been there and done that so many times with my husband in the movie industry - it was a lot, a lot of waiting for many many years. Keep thinking positive thoughts and all will work out the way it is supposed to. Money and jobs and security are a big issue for most of us these days and we just have to keep encouraging one another to hang in there. We WILL survive and be all the stronger in the end.

    I don't know how consistent I'll be blogging in the next couple of weeks but wanted to at least say Hi and that thank you. I really appreciate the time you take to visit me!

    marsha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you that thinking of loved ones on Memorial Day enriches the day. My 88 year old mother and I make an annual trek to place flowers on family graves. It's as close as we come to the Mexican "Día de Muertos" ancestor celebrations.

    ReplyDelete