Friday, January 7, 2011

Creative energy


It is cold and overcast outside. We were suppose to go to our trailer for the weekend, but the weather was not nice enough so we are staying home. It leaves me a little lost with time on my hands, I know I should be creative but I can't seem to get things together. I've read that the best way to do things is to just start and the juices begin to flow but even that is difficult for me today. In Feb I'm going to An Artful Journey Retreat to take a Nina Bagley workshop. I can't seem to get enough of her. I've taken several workshops from her in the past and just love them, every time I learn something new and I love spending time with her. Also the Artful Journey is a great retreat, taught over 3 days in the redwoods of Northern Ca. with wonderful food, a small group of women less than 100 so it is not too overwhelming. I know that as of last week Nina still had a couple places left in her class if anyone is interested, I highly recommend it. Gathering up supplies for the class is fun, creative in itself. I have a little pottery bird that I hope to incorporate into my design and some lovely pink peruvian opals. Nina will be teaching her crocheting technique which I am quite excited about. I hope you all have a lovely weekend.

9 comments:

  1. The class sounds wonderful...I love to read nina's blog.
    Maybe today is just a "be" day, instead of a "do" day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ..i love the previous comment..a "be"day instead of a "do" day. i have been having ALOT of "be" days, lately...

    i love nina's work as well...i wish i could have her help me with crocheting...

    stay cozy this weekend, lorrie

    kary and teddy
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this heartfelt post lorrie- i get feeling the same way in the days of winter. i almost feel frozen inside and just can't seem to move, i guess it's what they call the winter blues but whatever it is i don't like it. i am starting a online class from misty mawn next week so i am hoping it will get me motivated. i hope that you have a wonderful time at artful journey- i have never made it there but i really want to!
    oh i just found out you have a etsy shop- i loved it and added it as a favorite.
    have a beautiful weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How I wish I could join you! I know you will create some magic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello my friend,
    I hope you're having a marvelous weekend staying home and I hope the new year is being good to you! I'm sure enjoying this exciting new year with my new little furry girl. Life is very good!
    Cheers,
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  6. i wish i were going with you....i know you enjoy these adventures soooo much.....we will chat soon my grace-full friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know just what you mean with time on your hands and a sort of paralysis setting in. It happens to me all the time. Sometimes I start something and other times I don't get anything done. I guess that's ok, too. Cold and rainy here as well today! The retreat sounds just wonderful! Love, Silke

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have always been curious about those art fest's and I hope one day I will plan and be able to experience it...I think I would really enjoy it. I can't wait to see what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  9. aw, shucks. thank you sweetheart, i can't wait to see you!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete