Friday, December 31, 2010

GRACE



I awoke early this morning, the house was cold, but I was warm under the covers with my little "Penny" heater stretched out beside me. As I lay there in the dark waiting for the coffee to brew I thought about what I wanted for the the year ahead. 2010 is over and with it closes a sad chapter in my life, saying goodbye to Lilylovekin. 2011 is a new year open to possiblities. I am not one for making resolutions since I always break them and then feel guilty and awful about myself. This year I am picking a word-one word to represent what I want for the new year. GRACE. Willingness, patience, kindness, understanding, gratitude, humility. Many things come to mind when I think of the word grace and they are words I want to fill my life with. Of course life is a bumpy road and it all sounds good on paper but I can hold the words close to my heart and know that it is about the journey and be thankful for the word forgiveness. I hope you all have a wonderful New Year. My world is a brighter nicer place because of all of you and I thank you all for being there. Lorrie

8 comments:

  1. Grace... It's already in you and around you and what a wonderful thing to strive for... I hope for you a joyous new year filled with grace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grace is good mine is going to be Intuition ( as in Follow it )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lorrie this is a beautiful heartfelt post. I am always inspired by your words and thoughts, by the beautiful photography you share. The red carnations are beautiful and I think Grace is a beautiful word to start the new year with.

    Wishing you a beautiful new year filled with Grace dear Lorrie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A most wonderful word, Lorrie, and one you already embody for me!! Wishing you a very happy and creative New Year!! Much love, Silke

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you grace for the New Year - and also health, happiness and wonderful surprises.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grace is an excellent word....A good idea to have one word...I will think about that today...thank you... Wishing all good things for you and yours 2011....every blessing from Helen XX

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was such a pleasure meeting you this past year at Artful Journey, Lorrie. It was certainly one of the highlights of my experience. Wishing you a great 2011 full of grace, good health, and joy.
    Hugs
    Diana

    ReplyDelete