Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Quiet night


It is a quiet night, my Friday. Having no one to call and talk to the phone is silent. Conversations were carried on earlier and all is well. Dinner is over, the news is watched and I'm tumbling over visions out of Japan. It has left me still, and thankful for what I have. I've been thinking about friends I have who are hurting. Life is full of good and bad. I've experienced sad and difficult things but am thankful now to have a life that is full of joy. Joy feels like a tender bud that I must protect against the viciousness of the world. I hope I can keep it nurtured and safe, treasured for the precious gift that it is. For I do know that it can be fleeting and feel blessed to have it. I hope that all you are safe and sound and doing well.

5 comments:

  1. These are such troubled times. Wishing you much peace and joy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful thoughtful post and I think it is part of the process of tragedy to make us feel GRATEFUL for what we have and how good it is for us. xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post Lorrie. I too am feeling very blessed and thankful for all that I have.
    Have a lovely weekend and enjoy the beauty that surrounds you. The image of those flowers are just beauitful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your thoughts here Lorrie. Just last week, I was so stressed out and frustrated over something at work and then all of a sudden I stopped myself, took a deep breath and started thinking of all those people of Japan that are hurting and lost. My issues at work seemed so small and manageable. Enjoy your quiet time my friend. I'm feeling inspired to do some creating in my craftroom today. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful writing, lorrie

    i have been so lazy about blogging..but i think i am back...i have missed you too, my friend

    sending love to you today,
    kary and teddy
    xxx

    ReplyDelete