Thursday, April 14, 2011

A little bit of Paris




Although I can't travel to Paris, my taste buds can thanks to a friend who just returned from a week-end trip and brought me back a tasty treat. MACARONS. Very different from the coconut cookie I am use to. Flakey, delicate crust holds creme or jelly filling. Each bite is light, each taste an exploration in flavor and sensation. Each cookie a bright little gem. A little bit of Paris is sitting on my kitchen table and it makes me feel oh so special!

5 comments:

  1. Oh yum! I only know the coconut one's you mentioned. I have seen these in magazines though, and they look so delightful! Enjoy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh la la! I've never had the real thing, but your description is the best I've read. Can't get to Paris anytime soon, but I hear there are some killer ones in Manhattan. Hope springs eternal!

    Excellent photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spring time in Paris... sigh. Right on your kitchen table - life is good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful photos. I have to shamefully admit that I've never tried macaroons. They're waiting for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous goodness- enjoy the sweet treats lorrie- happy friday!

    ReplyDelete