Monday, April 18, 2011

Nap time


Nap time is important in my house. Today was no exception. Penny Penny and I hit the bed and after an hour or so resurfaced to face the world. It was a overcast and cool day and with nothing better planned it seemed like the thing to do. Now I have a sleep hangover. Fuzzy headed feeling full but feeling good. Good because I realize I have a good life. Tonight I am going to have a dinner I enjoy, I am going to bed and read myself to sleep and tomorrow start another day. I have to remember it is the simple things that count, and when I start counting the simple things I lose track.

11 comments:

  1. I have never heard about a sleep hangover :)
    I love this post and photo. It is very inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snuggling with a doggie is the best! Especially cute little white ones! Have a lovely evening.
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy to read this! One of my simple pleasures is to read a couple of my favorite blogs...and YOURS is one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this! One of my cats will sleep by my side like that...so, so sweet! Sounds like a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i've just caught up here, what a wonderful visit with your mother. your blog is so peaceful. i hope you have a lovely wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The warmth of a furry body and a little afternoon kip are possibly two of my favourite daily highlights! Good for you! (Penny you are gorgeous!)
    Happy easter,,

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Naps are good and yes, we're fotunate to have so many simple pleasures. Thanks for writing and sharing great posts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love this post.
    It is all so true.
    It is the simple things that count.

    Thank you for your thought today Lorrie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thinking of you, sweet Lorrie. Glad you're getting some rest with your adorable pup. Sending love your way. Say hi to Julie for me.
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love to cuddle up with your little dog...I hate sleep hangovers I just know what you mean....hope you are well

    ReplyDelete