Saturday, May 21, 2011

Nothing


This post is about nothing-that is what has been on my mind for the past several days. I've been at work since I've returned from Bisbee and so all thought was put on hold. Also I've discovered a long time habit of mind. When given a large project I often go into overload mode and shut down. My large project at present is what to do at retirement? Where to live, if to move, continue work(I probably have to), many questions. It is too much to ponder and so I go into nothingness-it is easier there. But I do know I will not find the answers to my questions there, so every once in a while I stick my head out. I do know I want to be closer to my family. I know I want one place I can call home. So two questions are answered. That is a start-something that is good for me. I hope you are all having a nice week-end.

7 comments:

  1. Lets see. I've thought of gold rush country,
    Laguna Beach, and Marin County.
    And just staying rooted here ..........
    xx
    julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful picture...i hope you find more answers and directions...every blessing H

    ReplyDelete
  3. When faced with difficult decisions, sometimes time will show you the answers - you don't need to stress yourself, unless you need to make a decision immediately.
    I love the photo - you have such a talent to capture beauty in your photos...

    ReplyDelete
  4. sometimes i just get tangled up in circular thinking about the "big" things of life... i think taking a break of just "nothingness" is not a bad idea...

    (thanks for your encouraging words this morning, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Selfishly, I hope your eventual retirement spot ends up being somewhere between your mom and your sister!! xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm convinced that, sometimes, rest is necessary in order to arrive at the right decision. I wish you luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you have to take time, sit back, and let some of your dreams flow into you. You'll figure it out, but will you ever really retire?

    All joys and peace,

    Sharon Lovejoy Writes from Sunflower House and a Little Green Island

    ReplyDelete