Thursday, December 1, 2011

Shades of grey




Shades of grey. That is what greeted me on my morning walk. The skies are heavy and full of moisture, the air thick with mist. Fog horns bleat their sad lonely song, keeping ships safe from the shores. The call of birds is muffled and they tuck their little heads into warm wings. My feet trip along the graveled path. I'm alone but not lonely. My face is damp with cool moisture from the low lying clouds, I'm glad for a warm home to return to and hot coffee. Enjoying the day and the grey.

8 comments:

  1. Sounds just like the weather we have been having for about a month...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your grey is so much more vibrant than our London variety which hangs heavy over everything and mutes it! Your description is lovely. Today I wrote the same words as you - 'I'm alone but not lonely'. It feels comforting to see them repeated here. penny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love walks like this, perhaps because I live in such a sunny climate. The soft grey days are more appreciated...

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...and thank you so much for your words of encouragement... just knowing there are people thinking of and praying for me, helps so much. i appreciate you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos, enjoy this season - California is a beautiful place to live.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like walking with you vicariously...thanks for taking me along!

    ReplyDelete
  7. In the last little while, all I do it look for different shades of grey. The most effective grey in painting comes about when you mix opposite colours and add some white.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry I missed this earlier, but just wanted to say how much I love this post. Beautiful photography and words. Many grey days are awaiting me in Seattle when we move...I look forward to "feeling this."
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete