Monday, April 27, 2009



















Ribbons, lace, beads, felt, floss, to name a few of the materials I use when making my little mixed media pieces. For years back in the 70's I did crewel embroidery.  In the 80's and 90's I did alot of counted cross stitch. Always following a pattern, always afraid to go outside of the lines. Now I am making things up as I go. I love the freedom of it. I have no idea what this little piece will turn into when I am done but I'll have fun along the the way and let you know what the final outcome is.

3 comments:

  1. I really like all the different materials you use in your creations. I think I need to branch out a little more and use some of my beads and yarn. Hmmm... I am just like you in that I always followed the rules and am must now getting over that! ;-) Silke

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second it. I always have been a rule follower. Hard to step outside the lines. Go girl go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frost on berries left on the vine. I can even smell it!!!

    ReplyDelete