Monday, June 13, 2011

Sundays market






I spent part of yesterday making my weekly trip to the farmers market. It is open May through Oct. and I'm so glad because things are so much more tasty when you can buy them fresh. In tribute to the cemetery goats I tried some Goat JAAK cheese-delicious creamy, salty and rich. If I was rich I would buy fresh cheese all the time. We had it with a wonderful salad of raspberries and butter lettuce. Peaches!!! one of my favorite fruits were at the market, it seems early for them but I bought a few I could not resist they smelled so good. Even though our market is small it provides the basics and I came away with a nice little load of veges and fruit.

9 comments:

  1. Oh, it's so good to come to your blog, Lorrie! I have missed it and you while we were gone!! Your goodies from the farmer's market look so delicious - especially those raspberries! And the necklaces you are making are truly beautiful - can't wait to see them finished!! Hugs, Silke

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm mmmmm good, love goat cheese... lovely post...

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO PRETTY! Is that a passion flower in the first photo? And oh, those luscious looking fruits AND goat cheese! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent photos. And the description makes me want to runt to the kitchen and cook and cook and cook :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum...I just love going to Farmer's Market. I agree, nothing like fresh fruit and veges. Love your photos. I just purchased a new Nikon camera and hope to get gorgeous photos like you.
    Hope you are doing well.
    Hugs
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty pictures! I love going to the outdoor market too. I always have fun.
    Cheers,
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything looks and sounds so wonderful! I wish we had a market like that close by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. just stopping by again, to say "thank you" for your always encouraging words over at my place :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yummmm! Your Farmers Market is so inviting I'm sure it is a wonderful way to pass some time and bring home some healthy goodies. It makes me want to learn to cook...Maybe next time!
    Hugs...

    ReplyDelete