Sunday, July 26, 2009

The Struggle




Yesterday and today have been a struggle. I did not post anything yesterday because I felt I had nothing to say and today I feel the same way. I like to blame it on fighting a cold, yesterday I was in bed at 5pm and slept until this morning. Today I feel fine but am listless and lack enthusiasm for anything. I went to the farmers market, forgot my camera and did not even care. Usually that is a highlight of my week. When I lay down to sleep I am wide awake and feeling guilty that I am not up and doing something. I am afraid this week end has been a total waste. I've looked through some old journal pages trying to get motivated to work but nothing has nudged me. Ever had a day or days like that? I'm sorry to complain so in this post. I thought if I wrote about it maybe something would break loose. I get to go back to work for 3 days starting tomorrow so I'll not be posting as regular so I thought I should say something. I hope you are all having a good weekend, the Lilylovekin house is sort of down and out.

8 comments:

  1. Oh, man,do I know the feeling...Just now coming off about a 3 year stint of that one...
    My mother's passing of cancer, moving, the economy, etc...don't mean to complain either, but just so you know..YOU ARE NOT ALONE..actually..what has brought me out of the dumps..has been this blog. To tell you the truth, it saved me. I felt so lonely..and now I feel connected...to all of you.
    Feel Better..good and bad comes to everyone...and it will pass. I know.
    Take Care,
    Kary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tough it out Lorrie. Things will happen, it's just not time, and know we are with you and thinking of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lorrie, I don't think there's one of us who doesn't have days, weeks or even months like that! I've certainly been there...I am glad you write about it and give us all a chance to send you a hug through cyberspace. I'm sorry you are having a hard time. Sending you lots of happy thoughts and sweet surprises! Hugs, Silke

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Lorrie, we all have days like that! You are under no pressure to blog... We are here and we love to hear anything you wish to share with us, but there is no obligation. No one always has great days, sunshine etc. You will be full of inspiration again soon, don't worry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey baby...i am back from camping and lack the luster of life as well...i do not know the answer...hmmmm....i guess we get to suit up and show up for today...missing you lots...we had a great time camping...wooo....it is alot of work getting dirty like that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. there must be a creativity bug going around :) Sometimes a self-induced break is needed to get the juices flowing again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We all certainly have days and weeks, and worse like that. Hang in there - it will pass!
    We're here for you.
    hugs......

    ReplyDelete
  8. Give yourself a break and follow your heart (and rest and get better!) without guilt or worry. Motivation will come when it's supposed to. And we all need a break from blogland sometimes - I'm taking a wee one too. I'm thinking of you and hope you have better days ahead very very soon!

    ReplyDelete