Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Away I went






The desert called and away we went. Usually I have time to post about an up coming trip but this time things got away from me and as we were headed out of town I realized my neglect. The trip to the desert was beautiful it was green and blooming, the Mojave is not full of lots of cactus but has many tiny flowers that create blankets of colors over the desert floor, purples, whites, and yellows. It is amazing to walk up to the color and realize it is a collection of eraser tip size flowers-some smaller. The Yucca plants and Joshua trees were in bloom and gorgeous. For as huge and beautiful their flowers they give off no fragrance. We had a perfect camping spot and for once the wind was not blowing and it was peaceful and calm. Spending 3 full days in the desert away from people, traffic, tv, the internet, and work is a great re-generator. I am rested and ready to work in my garden and catch up on all I've missed well I've been away.

8 comments:

  1. Oh, Lorrie, that gives me such a craving for the desert! I think I've got the desert in my bones - the first time I set foot on desert soil in NM, I felt like I had come home. Although I do love being by the water as well. Your photos are simply stunning!! Love, Silke

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! what amazing flowers, I grew up in AZ and lived in CA but never saw such bodacious flowers! just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those photos are crisp, bright and spectacular! what a lovely getaway....and I'm glad you had a great time!

    ciao bella
    creative carmelina was here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being in the desert is very spiritual for me... I don't get out west often enough... Those Yucca blooms are so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah yes, getting away from it all really is a great regenerator. Your photos are spectacular :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your pictures! There is nothing like the desert in bloom! What a lovely way to get away from it all for a couple of days

    ReplyDelete
  7. lorrie...i don't think i have ever really been in the desert...but we're going on tuesday cause TEDDY is in ANZA...right in the middle of the desert.i heard it is just beautiful...

    counting the days....and sending love,
    kary
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. your photos are divine...as usual...thanks so much for sharing with us..we are so fortunate....welcome home...i know reality sucks sometimes...i will visit with you on sunday!
    much love

    ReplyDelete