Saturday, April 17, 2010

My life


I rested today doing nothing but sitting in my back yard, listening to birds, watching the poppies sway in the wind and reading a book. I took to heart the words of wisdom I received about shadows. Visiting with a friend helped me reconnect with my inner spirit and I found some peace of mind. I think a good dose of vitamin D in the sunlight was beneficial. This evening I'm not feeling so tired.
THIS PATH, THIS ROAD THAT IS ONE PERFECT STRAIGHT LINE EVEN IF IT GOES AROUND THE WORLD THROUGH HEAT AND FOG AND RAIN AND SNOW AND IT'S MY LIFE I KEEP THINKING. IT'S MY LIFE. deborah keenan from "small history"

9 comments:

  1. Thats it Lorrie, and so we gain a few lines on the walk. Like my stepdad used to say, a face without wrinkles is like opening a book and finding nothing on the pages.
    xx
    julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got some rest, Lorrie, and feel more whole. Aging is not easy or for the faint of heart. It's a process and each year brings new changes in our bodies. Some of them are difficult to embrace but I'm not letting them keep me from enjoying life and appreciating all that we have. As usual, I marvel at your wonderful photographs. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lorrie it sounds like a wonderful day- I hope you are feeling rested and happy. Have a wonderful rest of the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see you, in my mind's eye, looking at those poppies (California poppies, I am sure - I love them), enjoying their beauty and radiating that same beauty with your eyes, your face.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you took time for you. I'm glad you could just relax. You have been really busy and needed this.
    love and hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. As long as we keep our eyes fixed ahead...I am determined not to look back and trip up...how lovely to sit in your back yard and feel the sun..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can just see the beauty around you and feel you relaxing into it. I find that it's hard for me to be tuned into natures beauty without also seeing more beauty all around me and in myself. I am glad you are feeling better and are able to recharge!! Much love, Silke

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you for sharing this lovely post today, quite thought provoking :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you are feeling better. Relaxing, with a friend, being surrounded by nature and basking in the sun always makes me feel more in tune with myslelf.

    ReplyDelete