Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Simple Beauty




I love visiting the desert it is so stark and rugged. One has to look carefully to see beauty. But it is there. Especially this time of year it is as if the desert is having a party and every plant and bush is invited to come dressed in its best. Things are green and blossoming in surprising and unique ways. Beauty is simple in the desert and that is what I like. I reconnect with my own sense of humility and smallness being there. It leaves one with an appreciation for the simple things of life, water, food, shelter, shade, the sound of a voice. Life becomes so complicated with the problems of living it takes a good shaking to get it back on track. Going to the quiet stillness of the desert where the only sound is an occasional song bird, the colors muted shades of brown, the beauty a single yellow flower rising out of sand is finding inner peace.

9 comments:

  1. Oh, I love the desert - thank you for taking me along with you for a little while! Those photos of yours are just stunning!! Love the ladybug... Love, Silke

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a simple, pretty, tanquil post! I felt as though I was transported away to the stillness of the desert myself!

    ciao bella
    creative carmelina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for such a tranquil post - I am feeling the serenity of the desert, although I am so far away...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos! I envy you so... being able to journey into the desert. The one time I was out there was such a spiritual experience for me. I felt centered when I left.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It took me a long time to appreciate the desert but I have found that there is so much beauty to see in a desert landscape. I love your images- the flowers are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your photographs are beautiful, the nearest I will ever get to a desert is my huge cactus which I was recently given, but I dont know how to look after it....hope you are well

    ReplyDelete
  7. love these photos! you find beauty wherever you go! i love that! and the lady bug shot is fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As usual, I love your photographs and tranquil post. I've never spent time in the desert
    and want to do so one day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely photos as always...thanks so much for taking the time to share your visit to the desert here!

    ReplyDelete