Friday, April 30, 2010

Self portrait Friday


I've not been posting as frequently as I like but my "pen" seems to have run dry. Even as I sit here tonight I'm afraid it might become Sat. morning before I think of anything to say. Every spring we move our trailer from the desert to the mountains. This is the week end we are going to do it. I have until Wednesday off. We will leave in the morning , the car is already packed. It is a good thing, I need to be away from work for a while. A friend of mine was let go this week. It has been hard to be at work, I've missed her and a sad for me. I just don't understand the rules of big corporations sometimes, they sure don't think about the little person. I hope you all have a wonderful week-end.

7 comments:

  1. oh dear, it is sad to hear of your loss, and you are right, they do not think of us, and we must always be mindful of that! so glad you are going to the mountains now. that will be a perfect respite, and I love your new self portrait! you inspire me to try a new self portrait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are very harsh and difficult times. It is a sad life when people aren't valued, and their contribution even less so. I hope you enjoy your journey x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photo... I hope you have peaceful days off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry I havent been to visit for ages, I have been snowed under with work and havent had anything exciting to tell on a post so I know the feeling...hope you are well...H (A time to dance...which was cocoa and blankets)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry about your friend. That is so hard when it happens, not just for that person but all their friends and family members. I am glad you are getting to go on a little road trip! Lovely portrait!! Love, Silke

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lorie- I have those times to- the words just don't seem to come and I just fret over it but I want you to know that your posts are always so lovely and I love your photographs- you are very talented. :)
    So sorry about your friend. Enjoy your time away.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just wanted to say I really like this picture of you enjoying the poppies. I always enjoy your photographs. They are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete