Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Autumn walk





Recovering from the Disneyland trip and our first big winter rain storm my husband and I hit the scenic highway near our home and went for a hike. As I've said before fall is my favorite time of year and today was one of those reasons why. The air was warm and muggy following a nasty storm, but the naked branches twinkled with sparkling raindrops. Even with the warm air everything felt clean, like stepping into a wash room on laundry day. Scents were intensified and the smell of musty leaves, and the strong eucalyptus aroma filled the air. Traffic noises faded the further we walked and soon all I heard was the rustle of leaves and my feet padding on the pavement. The sky never turned blue but remained overcast with dark storm clouds occasionally floating overhead,the remains of the storm blowing itself out. Not a crisp fall day but a soft cottony day, one that makes you love the outdoors and still appreciate the feel of a cup of tea at the end of a good hike.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I remember those days out where you live. And you describing your walk really transported me back there - especially the smells... We had a rainy day today - what a treat! And then fall like temps for this weekend. So happy! Like you, I love fall!! Hugs, Silke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!
    My lovely book arrived in today's mail! Thank you so much! Love it, I am a book collector so you can guess how thrilled I am!! Stop on over and sign up for my giveaway! Hugs, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey baby...love the walk..thank you...also love the disneyland photos...thanks for sharing your experience with me!!!
    much love

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for taking me on your walk!
    I love fall!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. you described it so well, Lorrie, i guess its as close as we will get to a typhoon in California, we got four inches in Cambria!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI Lorrie...your walk was so pretty. Felt like I was with you. beautiful. We got lots of rain down here in San Luis Obispo too. Now, today, in my garden it must have been 80 degrees at noon....but it is already starting to cool off....

    More later,
    Kary

    ReplyDelete