Sunday, May 9, 2010

Heaven-to Mothers




If there are any heavens my mother will (all by herself) have one. It will not be a pansy heaven or a fragile heaven of lilies-of-the-valley but it will be a heaven of blackred roses my father will be (deep like a rose tall like a rose) standing near my swaying over her (silent) with eyes which are really petals and see nothing with the face of a poet really which is a flower and not a face with hands which whisper-this is my beloved my (suddenly in sunlight he will bow, and the whole garden will bow) e.e. cummings

3 comments:

  1. happy mothers day, my friend

    teddy is a happy boy...and so are we....

    sending love,
    kary and teddy
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love this, Lorrie!! I hope you had a good mother's day!! I tried to convince Winslow to bring me breakfast in bed, but he would have none of it... Hope you are having a wonderful day!! Love, Silke

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have never heard this- so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete