Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day


Memorial Day first known as Decoration Day. That holiday that heralds the arrival of summer, warm weather, family and good times. All around our neighborhood flags are flying, cars are being washed, I smell bbqs, and see flowers ready to be planted in the garden plots. Memorial Day was set aside to honor those who lost their lives protecting our country, this year with 1000 dead in Afghanistan it takes on an especially poignant meaning. During all our celebrations and fun times today we should stop for a moment and remember. There is a time set aside for this called the national moment of remembrance and it takes place at 3pm your local time. I myself will stop for one minute and give thanks for all that has been given to me at the expense of so many. I hope you all have a wonderful holiday.

1 comment:

  1. beautiful post...my heart is filled with so much gratitude.

    ReplyDelete