Thursday, January 28, 2010

Faces



My sister and I have moved into my mothers house and created an art station like no other. The dinning room table is spread with paints, papers, glues, scissors, ect. ect. It is great!!!! My sister is teaching at several venues around the country this spring and is getting ready with ideas and projects. Last night she was working on a class project and I said "show me". So I got to learn how to make little faces using oil paint sticks. It was fun, much of the blending was done with your fingers. When ever I start something I am so uptight and then I relax. I especially like to do things with my fingers I love the feel of freedom I get. Connecting with that little part of me that plays is hard to do but I find it when I finger paint and that is what I loved about this project.

6 comments:

  1. I love this! And I adore your sister and her art! Now I can't wait to try out the oil paint sticks I just bought myself, too. Looks like fun!
    :0)
    Hugs,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun and how cute it turned out!! Give Julie a hug for me! Missing AZ, enjoy it for me will you??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love when you get into your creative space...

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am so envious...you will have to share with me when you get back home...i love you...your art...and your sister of course...hugz to you two...
    much love

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry to read of your Mum...I have recently realised I am now of the ages when we must now start to care for those who cared for us...and as I look around me my friends are all in similar positions...I am sure that having her family around her creating beautiful things will be of great comfort and have wonderful healing properties...God bless you all...H

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks like you have a nice space for creating....

    wonderful....

    i was in one of those "not feel like doing anything moods"....hopefully tomorrow will be better.....

    have a great weekend, friend
    love,
    kary and buddy
    xxx

    ReplyDelete