Friday, January 1, 2010

Misty New Year



Watching the blue moon holding court in a cloud filled sky as misty waves washed over the bright shiny light, I was filled with a sense of awe. Nature is powerful in its displays of beauty, and 2010 was brought in with glory. During the night I was awoken by distant cheers and fireworks, dazed and confused it took me a moment to realize the new decade was here. But then I buried myself deeper in my warm blankets, and cuddled close to warm little dogs. Today is still and misty as if the world is resting after a night of bright light and noise. Walking along the water front this morning I reflected on the past decade, my thoughts were full. So much has happened, as one gets older loss is a familiar refrain and there has been a lot of loss. But there has been much happiness and joy memories of bright and good times, times of never letting go of. What the next years hold remain a mystery hidden in the mist but I hope to meet it all with grace and handle it the best that I can always trying to remain grateful what I've been blessed with.

8 comments:

  1. Lovely, lovely blog! I wish you all that you wish yourself in 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lorrie...well, those are THE BEST words written all year...so beautiful, I cried. The moon, the mist, reflection and anticipation....perfectly said, my friend.

    My thoughts exactly, but you put it in words.

    Love,
    Kary and Buddy
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. See, I didn't need any wisdom on my blog at all since all the wisdom we need is found in your post, Lorrie! Just beautiful and so meaningful!! And such hope and anticipation! I wish you all the best and am glad I'll got see a little of your journey in your blog!!! Hugs, Silke

    ReplyDelete
  4. The moon was beautiful last night! We slept with the blinds open to bask in the moonlight. Your post is so heartfelt and wise. Here's wishing you an uplifting new year.
    : ) LadyCat

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post was awesome well as the photos that went with it. I can smell that briny water and feel the cold shutter shoot through me as I stand there. And then those god awful ducks quaking there heads off in the background!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So lovely, Lorrie! Looking forward to continuing this journey with you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. and you are blessed Lorrie!
    hugs.......

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wishing you a blessed New Year Lorrie!!

    ReplyDelete