Tuesday, June 16, 2009


Flying home from the visit from my sisters was bittersweet. I missed home, my husband and my dogs. But I was going to miss the fun times with my sister and all the creative energy that was flowing through her house. My plane ride was uneventful except for the fact that I brought an extra suitcase home and two pieces of artwork. It was fun trying to manhandle the luggage out of the airport and to the car. Yes I know I should have rented one of those little carts but 3$ seemed like a lot of money when instead I could use my oh so helpful 3rd arm to carry the load! I recharged my batteries by taking a long nap, unpacking, touching everything I brought home (lots of supplies for further projects). Tomorrow I restart the process and see how it goes minus my sister.

10 comments:

  1. oh, that extra bag! And they always seem to be the heaviest too. Look forward to seeing what you create with all your new supplies.
    xx
    julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home! Can't wait to see what wonderful art you create next!! Hugs, Silke

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are home safe! But it is bittersweet when you leave. I miss the pop in visits of enjoying seeing the two of you sending out such wondeful positive engery in your creations

    ReplyDelete
  4. great blog...so glad i wandered in...looking forward to checking in again:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you had such a lovely and productive visit with your sister. Your stamped fabric piece below is just gorgeous and you have such an eye for beautiful things. Your blog pictures alone are such a visual treat! There is no doubt in my mind you will get published as soon as you send something in. You've got that something! (maybe it's hereditary! are your parents artistic too?) Well, I can't wait to watch you grow and grow into your own voice further and watch your successes (of which I am sure there will be many!). It has been such a pleasure to watch your blog blossom and bloom - you are on your way to big things, little missy! They are just around the corner and then you will be too busy to mess with the likes of little ol' me! I'll be saying "I remember her when . . ." Just you watch! (and keep creating of course!)

    marsha

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am soooo looking forward to seeing your next creations, Lorrie! I really think you're on to something!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to see all of your new creations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. when are we going to see images of this weekends creations ???

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love having presents from home! So special!

    ReplyDelete
  10. welcome back - can't wait to see your new creations!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete