Saturday, June 27, 2009



Last night I finished the piece I started earlier this week. My husband offered advice and assistance in providing me with some black screen material that I sewed blue beads on and used as a final background for the piece. You can call this a joint effort from the Lilylovekin home! I also hand stitched and beaded around the edge of coffee stained felt. The center of the flower is an old earring that is part of my jewelry collection. The piece is mounted on foamcore that is covered in vintage book pages. It measures 12x15 inches and is very light weight. I've listed it in my esty store and will see what will happen. Click on the picture for a closer view.

5 comments:

  1. This is really, gorgeous, Lorrie! You've really hit on something with your painted poetry! The feel of this is just magical! Love it!! :) Silke

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Usually, when my husband offers advice, I ignore him (LOL), but it sounds like your hubby was a big help here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness...i love this piece darling...the energy that is coming off your work is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Lorrie....I like what your doing a lot...!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another wonderful piece, Lorrie!! Just lovely!!

    ReplyDelete