Wednesday, September 16, 2009

14 Years




Sept. 16 1995 was our wedding day. It has been 14 years, and when I say it out loud it sounds like a long time. But when I think in my mind over the past years it feels like only yesterday. Like any two people who have been together that long, we have been through bad and good times. But I can honestly say that I love my husband more today than I did when I married him. And I, knowing what I know would remarry him in a heart beat. I'm a better person for knowing my husband, because of him and inspite of him I've grown and am growing. He allows me the personal space I need and that is important in a relationship. I came across my headpiece I wore when we got married, my mother gave it to me as a wedding gift. It is beautiful and I have it displayed in my china cabinet. Seeing it reminds me of how special that day was, how special I felt and how special today is to celebrate an anniversary of love and commitment.

10 comments:

  1. Oh, Lorrie, Happy Anniversary!! And many more wonderful years together! Your headpiece is gorgeous, plus you just take such gorgeous photos!! Hugs, Silke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary, Lorrie! Such a lovely headpiece - I just had a vision - I saw you wearing it and you were just glowing with happiness! May the coming years be wonderful for both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary!! Isn't it amazing how the years fly by? As always I adore your photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary!!! Such a lovely tribute to your marriage!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lorrie, Happy Anniversary! Thanks for sharing your beautiful headpiece and love story. I'm signing up for LK's online journaling class, too. It will be fun to be in class with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a day late and a dollar short -- but congratulations on your special day. Fourteen years is nothing to sneeze at. Wait until it's 37 years ... like me ... you'll think you're the oldest person alive! Most days I don't feel a day over 40! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's nothing more wonderful than a happy marriage. As you know........

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations, I could relate to your some days good some bad, thats what its all about. I have been married 44 years and I still feel the same way about my husband, he gives me the freedom to do what I love bless him. Lovely blog ...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! How wonderful for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Lorrie, where has that time gone. I can't believe where we all have come in the last 14 years.... You are the best and only going to get better!!!!!!!
    love and hugs

    ReplyDelete