Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Redecorating


Today I decided to show you my home office, since I now have the luxury of blogging from home. My desk actually looks quite neat in this photo, but I don't dare show what the rest of the room looks like. I think if a bomb went off it might be neater. This past week-end I looked through many decorating magazines and was inspired to redecorate my living room. The morning has been spent moving out nicknaks and what nots, putting them in the spare bedroom(my studio). I have a taste for whimsy but want a more sophisticated look. So I am moving out all my "cute" stuff and will only allow it in my studio. I'm afraid that room will become very crowded. I also need to repaint the living room. I am terrified to try and pick out paint. I really don't know why. Its not like you can't change it if you make a mistake. Over all I'm excited about this project and plan to include the dinning room,kitchen-the entire house. But I'm starting with baby steps right now just the living room.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with your painting project...remember it's only paint and can be changed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are going to have some fun! Can't wait to see what paint you pick!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see the results! I love whimsy, too, and I find the older I get the more color I crave. Earlier in life, the question used to be, "what shade of beige will I wear today?" I want color, color, color ... in my home and on my bod!

    ReplyDelete