Thursday, September 24, 2009

At your leisure




Pushing my comfort zone I tried something new an online course through Creative Workshops. It was Shades of Grey taught by Pam Carriker. I loved it. The course included 3 video lessons that you could watch and rewatch at your leisure. Pam was very good on the camera, explaining things well and easily so it was not difficult to follow. I learned some new techniques, and have started a new black and white journal. Right now I am keeping quotes in it. What was so nice about the class was the ability to watch the video when you felt like it, one evening I took a lesson at 10pm when I could not sleep. It was also nice not to have to dress up and leave the house. Now I'm spending my time doodling in my journal, practicing shading with a graphite pencil and caran d'ache colors. I never knew the "shades of grey" could be so much fun!

7 comments:

  1. sounds heavenly...a class in your pjs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh..me too ! I love this. Sounds like something I would enjoy!

    Wonderful

    Kary
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. your work looks great darling...thanks for sharing it...i might just watch video three tomorrow..in my spare time...after walking the dogs...tee hee...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is looking fabulous, Lorrie! I think this will be something big!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, doing a class in your PJs sounds fabulous! Your shading is beautiful in this journal :-) Kate

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lorrie, this looks amazing! I am glad you are havng fun trying something new. I'll have to check out those classes!!

    Thanks for your comment on my blog - I know those times well when thoughts just take over and nothing can make us feel still. For me it's especially at night when I can't sleep! But the nice thing is that those times will pass!!

    Hugs, Silke

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun to add to your journals- your shades of grey doodles have so much depth and substance.

    ReplyDelete