Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day



The decision was made and yes it was the swatch in the middle, called "faded seafoam" by Ralph Lauren. What I am especially excited about is that I bought one of his specialty paints, a metallic finish in a color called "great hall" it goes great with the wall color. I am going to paint the fireplace and front door with this paint. Today is Labor day for our nation a holiday that represents the end of summer. It was begun in the 1800's to celebrate the hard working people of our nation. This year with unemployment near the 10% mark, and many of those employed afraid for their jobs it seems as if we have little to celebrate. But inspite of hardships we must find a way to look above and beyond what might be right it our faces. This year I personally will be thankful that I do have a job. I will celebrate the fact that because my husband is not working he will be able to help me paint our living/dinning room and the job will get done that much quicker! May you and yours have a wonderful day.

4 comments:

  1. loving the colors and the photo of the colors...cannot wait to see the final project all done..yippeee!!! i have signed up for the class...hope i did it right...much love...see you thursday!
    i love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful, restful color Lorrie
    It will be nice to come home to the peace of it.
    xx
    julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see it when it's done!
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your words Lorrie - we're in this together!
    Can't wait to see pictures of it finished. That color is yummy!
    hugs.....

    ReplyDelete