Monday, September 21, 2009

Playday


Today I drove down to a friends house and spent the day visiting, creating, and visiting some more. We live some distance apart and so do not get together as often as I would like but it is always good to see her. Not only is she a good friend but she has a studio to die for and every art supply imaginable. I always know I will learn something new or come away with some special treat for my supply bag. Today she helped me with the final stages of a book I've been trying to put together for the past year. I had the covers glued together and the signatures cut. But stitching it together had me scared to death. Mention the words ruler, measurements, division, addition, anything that sounds like math and I run screaming. Anyway it wasn't that way at all only something I had created in my mind. Today I tackled it and got it stitched together and now have a new handmade journal! Not only did I make a book, but I feel that the ties of our friendship are deeper and strengthened after the day spent together. It was a good day.

6 comments:

  1. It looks wonderful!! Glad you had a lovely day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful journal along with a day full of friendship. Playdays are good for the soul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks lovely! What a special day. It is so nice to have a special friend, and one who has such a wonderful studio!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's wonderful when you have a friend that shares the same interests. You can work side by side without saying a word while sharing similar thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this looks great. I would soooo like to be able to bind and stitch a book like this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a wonderful day. Pictures of the book?

    ReplyDelete