Saturday, September 26, 2009

Redecorating complete



The redecorating project in the living room and dinning room is done. Yesterday the drapes came home from the dry cleaners and my husband put them up. I've spent the entire day trying to get a good photo but have given up. I just can't capture how pretty the metallic fire place is it keeps turning out this garish shade of green that is not accurate at all! I almost did not post pictures over the dismay I felt but thought I wanted to show the difference in the room. So you will have to let yourself imagine that it looks quite a bit prettier than the photos show, much softer and subtle if you can picture it. I am now on to the kitchen, nothing more than a major cleaning. One does not realize how dirty your house is until you repaint the walls and get up into all the little nooks you don't see every day. For those who can not tell, the white living room is the before and the blue living room is the after---. Now you should see the spare bedroom where all that "cute" art work is hanging out, that's a project for another day!!!!

8 comments:

  1. Lorrie, its heavenly. Imagine coming home to such peace. I Adore your collection of white pottery on the mantle. And the deeper shade on the fireplace to complement the walls.
    Lucky you
    xx
    julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks great! I like the fireplace, the large cabinet, what I can see of the light fixture.....oh forget it I love it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looove the colors Lorrie, blues are soothing! The whole room looks great! What a fabulous room!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colour turned out lovely, Lorrie. I do hope you will be putting part of your art collection back in - or are you going to have an "art room"? Remember to surround yourself with the things you love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lorrie, it looks gorgeous! I love the blue color you chose - nice!! You are inspiring me as I am planning a major house deep cleaning during the next few weeks. We also want to paint our bedroom and bathroom. It's time... Good for you!! Hugs, Silke

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg We are doing some long days at Debs painting there this weekend

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for all your kind comments. I really appreciate them. I am going to make my studio into an art room so I will still have everything I love around me. Not to worry!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks lovely Lorrie.
    I was thinking of painting my son's room (since he moved out) a similar color - so glad you shared this cause now I think I'll stick with that plan. Thanks for the inspiration!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete